[Tagging] leisure=common replacement for public areas with some trees

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Tue Mar 5 10:48:39 UTC 2019

Hi!

On 2019-03-05 11:13, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:

> Mar 5, 2019, 9:00 AM by mkyral at email.cz:
>
>     Typically a small areas in the city between apartment buildings. These areas are not official parks, gardens or grass. It is just a green accessible for everoyne. So we can say it is a *public* or *common* green.
>
> So far I usually tagged such places as follows:
>
> Made sure that it is within landuse=residential (as it is a residential area)
> Mapped physical features (leisure=playground, natural=tree, landuse=grass, highway=footway etc)

Is it land*use*=grass or land*cover*=grass? I tend to agree with Alessandro Sarretta who uses landcover...

I also have doubts about leisure=playground as it is not a physical feature but it describe the usage done of that space, not its characteristics. Also that very same space could be used for different things (/fairs, concerts, rallies, etc./) at different times...

TBH I don't have an answer to the problem, but I tend to agree that we should, A) describe the physical characteristics of the place, and, B) describe the fact that the place is of public interest...

> Maybe one may also add access tag to landuse=residential to tag it as a public?
> AFAIK this is not commonly done at this moment, but I see nothing wrong with it.

Sergio