[Tagging] leisure=common replacement for public areas with some trees

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Mar 5 11:34:10 UTC 2019

Mar 5, 2019, 11:48 AM by smz at smz.it:

> Hi!
>
> On 2019-03-05 11:13, Mateusz Konieczny      wrote:
>

>> Mar 5, 2019, 9:00 AM by >> mkyral at email.cz <mailto:mkyral at email.cz>>> :
>>
>>> Typically a small areas in the city between apartment          buildings. These areas are not official parks, gardens or          grass. It is just a green accessible for everoyne. So we can          say it is a *public* or *common* green.
>>>
>> So far I usually tagged such        places as follows:
>>
>> Made sure that it is within        landuse=residential (as it is a residential area)
>> Mapped physical features        (leisure=playground, natural=tree, landuse=grass,        highway=footway etc)
>>

> Is it land> use> =grass or land> cover> =grass? I tend to      agree with Alessandro Sarretta who uses landcover...

landcover=grass also would be fine in this case, but meaning of this tags is the same and
landuse=grass is more popular

> I also have doubts about leisure=playground as it is not a      physical feature but it describe the usage done of that space, not      its characteristics.

I use leisure=playground solely for cases where it clearly describes a      physical feature
Something like https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Aire_de_jeux_en_2017_(20).jpg <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Aire_de_jeux_en_2017_(20).jpg>
I am not advocating for entire to be tagged as playground, just parts that are playgrounds
(the same with natural=tree, landuse=grass,        highway=footway - such things
should be tagged only where this features are)

>  Also that very same space could be used for      different things (> fairs, concerts, rallies, etc.> ) at      different times...

Sounds like landuse=recreation_ground or leisure=park to me.