[Tagging] leisure=common replacement for public areas with some trees

Marián Kyral mkyral at email.cz
Tue Mar 5 11:48:17 UTC 2019

---------- Původní e-mail ----------
Od: Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>
Komu: Tag discussion, strategy and related tools <tagging at openstreetmap.org>
Datum: 5. 3. 2019 12:35:28
Předmět: Re: [Tagging] leisure=common replacement for public areas with some
trees
"

Mar 5, 2019, 11:48 AM by smz at smz.it:

"
Hi!

On 2019-03-05 11:13, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:

"

Mar 5, 2019, 9:00 AM by mkyral at email.cz(mailto:mkyral at email.cz):

"
Typically a small areas in the city between apartment buildings. These areas
are not official parks, gardens or grass. It is just a green accessible for
everoyne. So we can say it is a *public* or *common* green.

"
So far I usually tagged such places as follows:

Made sure that it is within landuse=residential (as it is a residential
area)

Mapped physical features (leisure=playground, natural=tree, landuse=grass,
highway=footway etc)

"
Is it landuse=grass or landcover=grass? I tend to agree with Alessandro
Sarretta who uses landcover...

"
landcover=grass also would be fine in this case, but meaning of this tags is
the same and

landuse=grass is more popular

"

landcover=grass - still not rendered: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/
402959582

landuse=grass -  means that there will be landuse (grass) on landuse
(residental). Is this OK? I'm not sure If I want to create a lots of
multipolygons because of this.

Marián