[Tagging] leisure=common replacement for public areas with some trees

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 12:06:52 UTC 2019

On 05/03/2019 11:48, Marián Kyral wrote:
> landuse=grass -  means that there will be landuse (grass) on landuse
> (residental). Is this OK? I'm not sure If I want to create a lots of
> multipolygons because of this.

Yes, renderers normally do sane things in cases such as this.  In any
case the actual OSM tag is irrelevant by the time it gets to the
renderer, so landuse vs landcover makes no difference if the renderer
handles both.

What would be a problem would be if anyone were to assume that "every
place is part of one and only one landuse polygon" but that isn't the
case for OSM now anyway.

Best Regards,

Andy