[Tagging] New Tag "Departures" voting results.

Jarek PiĆ³rkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Tue Mar 5 19:05:45 UTC 2019

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 at 13:35, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
> But I'd prefer we have specific keys for
> timetables and GTFS data rather than rely upon either of those.  Much better to make things clear
> with timetable=* and gtfs=* (except we have to deal with partial timetables/feeds from operators
> who both run the same route, so we'll need something fancier than that).

Again, frankly - approximately zero general-purpose apps will support
whatever scheme we could come up with in OpenStreetMap to tag the
situation "this stop is served by a route that has two separate
timetables that are both valid, and is also served by another route,
and here are the links to PDFs of these three timetables". So for
these edge cases skip a long discussion, be bold, and just go with
whatever seems to make some sense. And use the time saved to create a
GTFS file instead :)

+1 on the rest of your message.

--Jarek