[Tagging] "satellit"

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 02:20:09 UTC 2019

On 06/03/19 12:38, Sergio Manzi wrote:
> Also, if on the other hand you don't expect all TV antennas to be
> mapped, what will be the value of such fragmentary and sparse
> information? "/Cui prodest/"? Who is going to benefit from such
> information? Those with a concrete interest in such information will
> surely already have their accurate sources of information and
> disregard our fragmentary and sparse information of unknown accuracy.

Unfortunately people are tagging antennas .. in all sorts of ways. And
it is a mess.

I seek to provide some constancy so that the information is at least
usable for those that want it.

A short look at
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/antenna%3Atype#values will give
you a feeling of what is happening and why there needs to be some
guidance on it.
The numbers are small .. but best to provide some guidance now rather
than end up with 'oh but it is in use so we cannot fix it now'.