[Tagging] "satellit"

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Wed Mar 6 02:31:55 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-06 03:20, Warin wrote:
> On 06/03/19 12:38, Sergio Manzi wrote:
>> Also, if on the other hand you don't expect all TV antennas to be mapped, what will be the value of such fragmentary and sparse information? "/Cui prodest/"? Who is going to benefit from such information? Those with a concrete interest in such information will surely already have their accurate sources of information and disregard our fragmentary and sparse information of unknown accuracy.
>
> Unfortunately people are tagging antennas .. in all sorts of ways. And it is a mess.
>
> I seek to provide some constancy so that the information is at least usable for those that want it.
>
> A short look at https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/antenna%3Atype#values will give you a feeling of what is happening and why there needs to be some guidance on it.
> The numbers are small .. but best to provide some guidance now rather than end up with 'oh but it is in use so we cannot fix it now'.

My friend, there are 88 persons who have mapped 520 antennas (https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/antenna).

Compare it to the billions of antennas out there and I think we are far below the "/noise level/" and that all energy "invested" in trying to regulate this is... lost energy.

The only antennas I would personally map and tag are those who are enough conspicuous to represent landmarks.

Sergio