[Tagging] leisure=common replacement for public areas with some trees

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Wed Mar 6 06:45:06 UTC 2019

On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 09:00:09AM +0100, Mariรกn Kyral wrote:

> Hi,
>
> recently was dropped [1] the leisure=common rendering from openstreetmap-
> carto as it is "misused" by mappers. A suggested replacements are: *leisure=
> park, landuse=grass and/or landuse=farmland*. But there are many places
> around, that are not official park and not grass as there are some trees as
> well. Typically a small areas in the city between apartment buildings. These
> areas are not official parks, gardens or grass. It is just a green
> accessible for everoyne. So we can say it is a *public* or *common* green.

For me these green areas between residential buildings is still
landuse=residential. Gardens are part of living. So IMHO using
the landuse= tagging is wrong. landcover or leisure might be a better approach.

But who am i to judge. I more or less feel disturbed by this kind
of micromapping.

Flo
        UTF-8 Test: The ๐Ÿˆ ran after a ๐Ÿ, but the ๐Ÿ ran away