[Tagging] Emergency vehicle country-specific law

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 13:23:20 UTC 2019

Am Mi., 6. März 2019 um 14:16 Uhr schrieb Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com>:

> On Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 11:52 AM OSMDoudou
> <19b350d2-b1b3-4edb-ad96-288ea1238eee at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> If there was an explosion due to a gas leak and the road is blocked by
> debris, I guess they can go in the opposite direction of a one-way
> street as well.

I don't know the Belgian law, but in cases like these it is likely there
will be police at the scene and will temporarily organize the traffic as
required. Policemen everywhere (?) are higher ranked than road markings and
street signs. ;-)

If you need to infract some traffic regulations in order to save lifes,
there might be exceptions or even obligations.

Cheers,
Martin