[Tagging] "satellit"

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Wed Mar 6 14:08:18 UTC 2019

On Wed, March 6, 2019 2:37 pm, Sergio Manzi wrote:

> I still fail to see _who could benefit_ from that fragmentary, sparse,
> information of unknown quality: I surely would not

I do not know either - but I'll let those who do have their fun and make
sure that it does not interfere with the common usage of navigational
cartography, hence my proposal of the straightforward basic attribute
chain and the optional radio stuff on top for those who enjoy it.

> (/but I'd probably be interested into knowing how high the antenna
> stands and approximately how big it is.../).

height=*, ele=* etc. -  yes, they apply too.

At some point we'll also have to draw the line between man_made=antenna
and man_made=mast (pretty sure there will be confusion for the typical
rural GSM BTS that are currently usually recorded as man_made=mast +
tower:type=communication - not very consistent but there are 56k
occurrences of that combination), and mention the cases where the
man_made=antenna may also be a building=* (that humongous radio-telescope
?)