[Tagging] Possibility to draw parking properties as an area

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Wed Mar 6 17:59:53 UTC 2019

On 3/6/2019 12:04 PM, yo paseopor wrote:
> Not only parking_space but all the parking you can find in a street,
> not a parking lot or a parking place (amenity=parking). I say I need
> to separate and zoom the info about parking spaces (but not delimited
> every place) in each street.
> Parking is not a lane of the street so I want to draw it separately as
> an area or as a way.This also would be useful for draw disabled
> parking spaces.
>
> All would be inside a relation with all the other pieces of the
> street: kerb,the road itself, sidewalks...

Some definitely do consider street parking to be a "lane", see
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:parking:lane for elaborate
tagging examples.

With all the talk about drawing road kerbs as ways, I imagine a proposal
to encode street parking info as properties of the kerb (rather than of
the street) will be forthcoming.