[Tagging] RFC rewritten proposal Via_ferrata_simplified

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 18:34:31 UTC 2019

Am Mi., 6. März 2019 um 19:21 Uhr schrieb Markus <selfishseahorse at gmail.com
>:

>  via ferratas also
> don't correspond to the definition of highway=path, which is "a
> generic multi-use path open to non-motorised vehicles".

I would say they would correspond to this definition, unless there is the
via ferrata category where they obviously fit better ;-)
"open to non-motorised vehicles" is a legal definition, and as there is
track, it means single-tracked vehicles. The idea to exclude motorized
vehicles per default seems a typical central European definition by the
way, in many parts of the world I would not expect there to be legal
restrictions for motorized vehicles like motorcycles and scooters.

Cheers,
Martin