[Tagging] Emergency vehicle country-specific law

Jarek PiĆ³rkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Wed Mar 6 22:17:18 UTC 2019

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 at 16:29, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net> wrote:
> i spent some time looking at a project to build OSM based
> emergency maps. i concluded we needed to do layers of
> information, some of which were appropriate to host in
> OSM and others which were not. there would have been a
> program to conflate the data to produce an OSMAnd or similar
> data file that met the department needs but avoided
> dumping inappropriate data into OSM.

Out of curiosity, if you don't mind/can share - what was not
appropriate for OSM? Internal preferences or policies ("prefer to go
down 1st rather than 2nd even though both look the same" - if only so
drivers don't have to make that decision every time separately) or
something else/more?

Thanks,
--Jarek