[Tagging] Possibility to draw parking properties as an area

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 16:01:01 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 9. Mar 2019, at 14:03, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But there could be roads adjacent to two sides of a parking
> space, only one of which actually connects to it and the router could guess wrong.

are we going to connect all roadside parking to the center of the road ,thereby misrepresenting the extent significantly, because in some hypothetical rare case there might be a parking between roads which isn’t accessible from both roads?
Typically there will be access roads for parkings unless they are not wider than a parking lot. Here’s an example around here for parking between 2 roads with access from only one side, no issues encountered so far:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/490431306

Cheers, Martin