[Tagging] tags for tutor or coaching out of school

Jarek Piórkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Sun Mar 10 14:40:42 UTC 2019

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 at 05:17, Phake Nick <c933103 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 在 2019年3月10日週日 11:04,Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> 寫道:
>> There are a fair number of commercial tutor/coaching establishments that
>> provide after school hours tuition in various subjects/courses.
>
> I have checked some of these features in Taiwan  some are tagged office=educational_institution, some are tagged amenity=prep_school, some are simply tagged as shop=yes.
> A discussion on Japanese osm mailing list suggest using amenity=prep_school for this type of facility.
> On OSM Taiwan's hackpad it's suggested that they should be tagged with both office=educational_institution and amenity=prep_school.

There was also a brief discussion about this in early February, see
thread starting from
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-February/042983.html

The findings then were also that there is no decent current tagging
scheme. There was a suggestion for office=tutoring and tutoring=*.

--Jarek