[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - police=*

Jan S grimpeur78 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 23:29:36 UTC 2019

Am 11. März 2019 00:00:55 MEZ schrieb Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com>:
>On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 at 22:53, Martin Koppenhoefer
><dieterdreist at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>

>> > On 10. Mar 2019, at 14:13, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Which of all those get mapped as police and which get mapped as
>military
>> will need to be
>> > figured out at some point.
>>

>> IMHO we should be able to map it as both (as military and as police)
>where
>> it is applicable.
>>

>It will end up being a per-country decision (or in-country dispute).
>And
>however it's decided, it's
>better documented.  Just to stop people asking the same question
>repeatedly
>here and in the
>forums.  So either a table on the police=* page or a link from it to a
>page
>documenting the
>local decision.

+1

I think it would have to be determined even for each facility if it is more police or more military in unclear cases. According to this decision, barracks for example could either be mapped as police=barracks and military=yes if they're more police-like, or military=barracks and police=yes if the military character is stronger. But again, that's a local decision.