[Tagging] Mapping deforestation

Lorenzo Stucchi lorenzostucchi95 at outlook.it
Mon Mar 11 14:15:02 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I’m Lorenzo, the vice-president of PoliMappers, the YouthMappers chapter in Politecnico di Milano, we are going to organize a mapathon in Milan talking about deforestation, in collaboration with the Semillero Geolab UdeA, a Colombian chapter of YouthMappers.

We will would like to map land-cover in an area near the Amazonian forest, the mappers will be people that have few experience in mapping so we are thinking to map basic elements in landuse and we found this proposal [1] on map basic elements.

The idea was to map: bareland, artificial surface and forest.

Should be a good idea to map following this idea?

Thanks for all the possible answer.

Best regards,
Lorenzo Stucchi

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Rudolf/draft_landcover