[Tagging] Status of oneway=cw oneway=ccw

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 21:53:40 UTC 2019

On 13/03/19 08:43, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 at 04:51, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk
> <mailto:phil at trigpoint.me.uk>> wrote:
>

>     Although the oneway tag implies a legal restriction, and I doubt
>     it is illegal to walk a hiking route in the 'wrong' direction.
>

> I do know of one that is one-way - admittedly it's only ~300 m's long
> & it's on a elevated suspension bridge!, not a normal track, but it is
> posted as entrance only at this end & exit only at the other.

The overland track is one way during the normal working season, and it
does have a number of resident rangers to enforce the rules. (~60 km)
https://www.parks.tas.gov.au/file.aspx?id=37728
The milford track has similar restrictions (~50 km)
https://www.doc.govt.nz/milfordtrack

There are probably more...