[Tagging] [OSM-talk] Tagging disputed boundaries

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 08:48:34 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 13. Mar 2019, at 00:33, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Of those 76 active on the list in Nov, 16 people commented on your proposal. When it came to the vote, 33 people voted, but only 2 of them had made comments on the list, but, strangely enough, only 2 people who commented then voted!

if you’re convinced a specific tagging works for you and it doesn’t conflict with other schemes (not using the same keys), you can use it (if it uses the same keys and is rejected, I would not use it). A negative voting outcome doesn’t prevent you necessarily from using the tags, but usually if a proposal is rejected there are good reasons to reconsider at least the details.

Cheers, Martin