[Tagging] [OSM-talk] Tagging disputed boundaries

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Mar 13 07:53:08 UTC 2019

Mar 13, 2019, 12:33 AM by graemefitz1 at gmail.com:

> I have no idea how we could improve things so there is more feedback - maybe remove the discussion page from the proposals, so all discussion has to happen on the tagging list?

It will rather reduce discussion. People from OSM wiki are more likely to stop commenting rather
than start using mailing list. And why commenting on talk page would be worse than commenting on ml?

People that participate in mailing list (or Wiki or IRC or forum or slack or XYZ) discussions
are extreme outliers of mappers, but given no alternative it is
OK to assume that their opinion sort represent all OSM mappers.

We are de facto self-elected representative of mappers - it is a really biased sample, it
would be nice to change it but blocking discussion on established site is unlikely to help.