[Tagging] Superroutes - good, bad or ugly?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 13:36:26 UTC 2019

Am Mi., 13. März 2019 um 14:31 Uhr schrieb Sergio Manzi <smz at smz.it>:

> If a "*superroute*" has an official status (*like this one:
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/20773
> <https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/20773>*), I'm all-in for that.
>
> If instead it is something "*invented*" by the mapper, than I'm
> all-against it.
>
> Can you please provide more information/examples/context?

there are really long relations (e.g. Via Francigena / St. Francis Way, or
European E-Routes, which cross half of Europe). Splitting them into smaller
pieces helps reducing editing conflicts (2 people editing the same object
at the same time). This is often done along administrative boundaries
(regional, national).

Cheers,
Martin