[Tagging] Status of oneway=cw oneway=ccw

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 19:21:01 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 3:04 PM Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's about loop-shaped walking/hiking/cycling routes, that should only by done in one direction, because of way-marking and signposts.  (Most of the bicycle routes in this overpass query fall in that category https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/GWB, quite a lot!)
> > I'm not talking about individual ways that are oneway restricted for pedestrians
>

> then it is clear that neither oneway nor oneway:foot apply (both are legal prescriptions and not just recommendations).

I agree with you 100% with oneway on ways.

On routes, I'm not so sure.  If a route runs in only one direction,
and you follow its constituent ways in the opposite direction, you're
not following the route. It's an existential, rather than a legal
question, and I'm not enough of a philosopher to solve it.