[Tagging] Superroutes - good, bad or ugly?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 03:43:28 UTC 2019

On 14/03/19 01:02, Paul Allen wrote:

> One problem that I don't see a solution for in PTV1, PTV2 or "we don't
> tag it PTV3" is a stop
> that is ignored on the first pass but comes into play on the second
> pass.  The bus starts at
> the bus station A, passes through nodes B, C and D and turns right at
> D to E.  On this pass
> through C it ignores the bus stop there.  After it's gone through the
> alphabet back to A, it
> again goes through B, C and D but this time turns left to alpha, beta,
> etc.  On this pass it
> does stop at C.  Piling all the stops into the relation may lead the
> routers to conclude that
> you can wait at the stop C to get directly to E when you can't (but
> you can get on at C to take
> a detour through the greek alphabet and eventually get to E because
> it's a circular).
IN PTV2 you list the stops in order .. so they would be listed as;
etc
etc

So it can be done in PTV2.

> Splitting it into route segments would fix the problem with the stop
> at C.  On one segment it isn't
> a listed stop.  On another segment it is.

A segment end does not indicate a stop .. in PTV2. The segments need to
be in sequential order and so do the stops.

I did a rough simpletons guide to PTV2 ..
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Warin61/diary/45106