[Tagging] Superroutes - good, bad or ugly?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 19:29:57 UTC 2019

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 at 19:23, Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Op do 14 mrt. 2019 om 18:17 schreef Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com>:
>
>> On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 at 15:09, Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I would definitely want routes to be composed of subroutes which are
>>> shared with other routes,
>>>

>> I see that as less than useful for any route I know of.
>>

> It's useful for longer routes through walking/cycling node networks, using
> the network signposting.

Yeah, I can see it would be.  And for longer bus routes.  Just not for any
of the bus routes I know
around here and am likely to map.  You end up with the only common segments
being very short
around a central bus station, then they all diverge.  Once diverged, there
is nothing to share.

I'm not against such sharing in principle, where it makes sense.  But if it
comes at the price
that all bus stops have to be in the aggregate relation and not in the
subroutes then it becomes
useless for my purposes.  And I freely admit that my purposes are a fairly
rare case, but I'd
still like to handle it.

--
Paul