[Tagging] Status of oneway=cw oneway=ccw

Hufkratzer hufkratzer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 23:09:22 UTC 2019

   It is indeed interesting to store that the signs work only for one
direction,
therefore oneway=yes/no is documented for hiking routes
- in https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Hiking#Tags_of_the_relation
since Jan. 2013
- in
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:route=hiking#Tags_of_the_relation since
Mar. 2016
and we already have 1.2k relations with oneway=yes
and zero with oneway=signed, bidirectional=no or signed_oneway=yes.

<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

 >     sent from a phone
 >
 >     > On 14. Mar 2019, at 11:43, Sarah Hoffmann <lonvia at denofr.de> wrote:
 >     >
 >     > or oneway=signed if you think it clashes with the legal
 >     > restriction tags).
 >

 >     or bidirectional=no
 >     or signed_oneway=yes
 >
 >     it shouldn’t be a value of the “oneway” key, there’s nothing
preventing you from doing the route in the counterdirection, especially
if you are with a map from OpenStreetMap ;-)

 >     Yes, it could be interesting to store that the signs work only
for one direction, but this is very different from a oneway.