[Tagging] Superroutes - good, bad or ugly?

Hufkratzer hufkratzer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 11:27:19 UTC 2019

I wonder why we need a separate type=superroute if everything what can
be done with superroutes can also be done with normal routes. Example:
http://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/?l#route?id=371740 is a normal hiking
route, more than 10k km long, with 7 child relations that have child
relations again. What is the difference between relation type route and
superroute except the name? You might say that a superroute is a route
that does not contain ways or nodes but only relations. But is that a
good/sufficient reason to define a new relation type? Is there any other
difference?