[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - police=*

Jan S grimpeur78 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 10:23:17 UTC 2019

Am 17. März 2019 00:56:42 MEZ schrieb Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com>:
>On 17/03/19 03:15, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>>

>> sent from a phone
>> On 16. Mar 2019, at 15:53, Jan S <grimpeur78 at gmail.com
>> <mailto:grimpeur78 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> So you basically can't rely on OSM to find a police station in case
>>> of an emergency.
>>

>> let us not overemphasize the emergency in this context. In an urgent
>> emergency you would expect the police to come to you rather than the
>> opposite.
>
>If you are being assaulted, it is better to run towards the police
>rather than away.

The other day I was abroad and a window of my car was broken and a bag stolen. I needed to go to a police station and ran into the issue that there were several amenity=police facilities around and it wasn't obvious which were police stations and which were other facilities. In the end, I used Google maps... So there is practical relevance.