[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - police=*

Jan S grimpeur78 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 23:12:56 UTC 2019

Am 17. März 2019 21:47:03 MEZ schrieb Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>:
>There are some extensive Police areas, rather than just buildings - as
>mentioned, the Academy, driver training area, Mounted Police stable,
>which
>would usually include paddocks & so on.

I think this is similar to universities. There, buildings and the campus are tagged as amenity=university. Even big police facilities won't be as big as some unis. So I don't see an issue in tagging the area of a facility as police=*. The military, on the contrary, has huge areas under their exclusive control. So there, a landuse=military tag makes sense.

>They would all be tagged as police=facilities, but how would they
>render,
>as they wouldn't / shouldn't have the Police icon on them?

In general I think, someone who's a better designer than me would have to come up with a specific icon or icons for police facilities that are not police stations.