[Tagging] Mapping deforestation wikipage proposal

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 23:36:27 UTC 2019

On 19/03/19 10:26, Paul Allen wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 at 23:18, Graeme Fitzpatrick
> <graemefitz1 at gmail.com <mailto:graemefitz1 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 at 20:34, Lorenzo Stucchi
>     <lorenzostucchi95 at outlook.it <mailto:lorenzostucchi95 at outlook.it>>
>     wrote:
>

>         Since no more doubts were presented
>

>     I'm sorry, but I think every post in reply to your proposal has
>     raised doubts,
>

> + 1
>
> Except I'd have said they were serious doubts, along the lines of
> "DON'T DO THAT!"
>
> But let him put it to a vote, if he wants to.  It will be amusing.

Not amusing.

'We' should be encouraging .. good if not better tagging.

For the deforestation project OSM could be usefull. But there needs to
be some acceptance that OSM information is more detailed that what is
wanted so there will need to be some adjustments on the project side to
accept and make contributions to OSM data. If that is too much work load
then simply taking OSM data and making their own data base might be
there way forward.