[Tagging] Mapping deforestation wikipage proposal

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 23:59:33 UTC 2019

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 at 23:37, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19/03/19 10:26, Paul Allen wrote:
>

> Except I'd have said they were serious doubts, along the lines of "DON'T
> DO THAT!"
>
> But let him put it to a vote, if he wants to.  It will be amusing.
>

> Not amusing.

I have to disagree with you there.  Given that he interpreted people
telling him his ideas
were sub-optimal, imagine the surprise he'll get from the result of the
vote.  Yeah, it's
slapstick humour, watching the clown slip on the banana skin even after
everyone kept
warning him about it, but that won't stop it being funny.

'We' should be encouraging .. good if not better tagging.

We tried.  It didn't have any result.   He thinks everyone likes his
ideas.  There isn't much left
to do but laugh.  Maybe he'll wonder why everyone is laughing at him and
realize his error,
but I expect he'll ignore an overwhelming vote of disapproval, interpret it
as a go-ahead and
fill the database with garbage tags until the DWG slap him down.

Or maybe, just maybe, recent comments here will cause him to think again.
"Watch out
for that banana skin."

--
Paul