[Tagging] Do we still need cycleway=opposite_lane? (Was: Do we still need cycleway=opposite?)

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 10:15:14 UTC 2019

Nodes on ways do have an "inherited" direction (unless they are end nodes)
The wiki page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:traffic_sign
says:
" You may use traffic_sign:forward
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:forward>=* to specify that this
particular sign affects vehicles moving in the same direction as the way,
or traffic_sign:backward <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:backward>
=* to specify that the opposite direction is affected."
Volker