[Tagging] Ferry routes as relations?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 09:44:06 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> Am 24.03.2019 um 04:19 schrieb marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com>:
>
> if the building is the plateform (where passager wait until the ferry is
> there), it's usefull for routing : route the pedestrian to the platform
> with a pedestrian profil, switch to the associated stop_position, route
> to the desired stop_position with the vehicule profil, switch to the
> associated platform and continue pedestrian routing

I would expect a ferry route to go from the departing port to the destination port (or small station, ferry routes cover quite different features, from short pedestrian connections over a river or lake, to big car ferries over the sea), eventually by passing through via ports, but I would not expect or suggest to add buildings and other landbased infrastructure (e.g. waiting areas, ticket offices, customs, ...) to the route. The latter are part of the port, not the route.

Cheers, Martin