[Tagging] I have been tagging mosques wrong all along

Topographe Fou letopographefou at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 07:40:09 UTC 2019

Hi,

Personnaly I already use amenity=* for the whole plot/complex when it's clear it is not limited to a building. This apply to schools, hospitals and places of worship (not exhaustive list) in my way of tagging. I believe this is how schools and hospitals are suggested to be mapped and see no exception with places of worships. I don't see a need for religion-based way of tagging (amenity=place_of_worship schema shall be used the same for any religion).

So yes I agree with you that places of worship are not always limited to a building (same for a school, an hospital...).

Yours,

LeTopographeFou

	  Message original