[Tagging] Is there any use of shop=general/general_store not covered by shop=convenience/supermarket/country_store?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Mar 25 15:43:33 UTC 2019

Mar 25, 2019, 4:11 PM by osm at westnordost.de:

> Well, there is a long wp article about it with a clear description for a start.

It seems to be quite useful, thanks (I usually skip Wikipedia because 1:1 matches
with osm tags are really rare).

I updated wiki page again ending with following changes:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag%3Ashop%3Dgeneral&type=revision&diff=1825115&oldid=1806002 <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag%3Ashop%3Dgeneral&type=revision&diff=1825111&oldid=1806002>

My conclusion is that this is an old shop type, currently getting rare but there are still some valid uses
but many cases would benefit from retagging to more popular shop values
(where shop=convenience/supermarket/country_store describes it well).