[Tagging] Horse mounting steps

Hufkratzer hufkratzer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 09:23:14 UTC 2019

On 27.03.2019 07:37, Warin wrote:
> [...]
> I'd still call it a 'mounting block' ... no steps in the name so it 
> can be a ramp or, in your case, a platform. Add wheelchair=yes and a 
> description=* tag ???

+1, in wikipedia it's also called 'mounting block', see 

But isn't it too primitive to be an amenity? What about 
animal=mounting_block? We have animal=horse_walker.

I assume only stationary (fixed, heavy) mountoing blocks should be 
tagged. Many other objects (e.g. old tractor tires) can be used to mount 
a horse and could otherwise be tagged as a mounting block. AFAIK most 
mounting blocks/steps used in riding centres are light and movable and 
therefore not relevant here.

More information about the Tagging mailing list