[Tagging] Horse mounting steps

Hufkratzer hufkratzer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 09:23:14 UTC 2019

On 27.03.2019 07:37, Warin wrote:
> [...]
> I'd still call it a 'mounting block' ... no steps in the name so it
> can be a ramp or, in your case, a platform. Add wheelchair=yes and a
> description=* tag ???

+1, in wikipedia it's also called 'mounting block', see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mounting_block.

But isn't it too primitive to be an amenity? What about
animal=mounting_block? We have animal=horse_walker.

I assume only stationary (fixed, heavy) mountoing blocks should be
tagged. Many other objects (e.g. old tractor tires) can be used to mount
a horse and could otherwise be tagged as a mounting block. AFAIK most
mounting blocks/steps used in riding centres are light and movable and
therefore not relevant here.