[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - police=*

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 18:04:23 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 30. Mar 2019, at 18:33, Jan S <grimpeur78 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Now, how to proceed? I don't think that adapting the proposal while the voting is open would be considered democratic. Should I thus interrupt the voting and adapt the proposal? Or wait until the voting is over, adapt, and open another voting period?

if you want to make changes to the proposal you can still do it, from my understanding, this would stop the current voting, and there would be a new voting on the modified proposal.

The new voting period would again have to be min. 2 weeks, voting isn’t so much about democracy anyway (it is hardly representative and it is not binding), it is for discovering potential problems, and testing the acceptability. In the end what really counts is whether the tags are actually applied, and whether the tagged objects correspond to the definition.

I believe the french scheme is a good idea, because it removes the ambiguity for people who know the local system (it is what seems most helpful to local data users), but it should be accompanied by an international classification.

Cheers, Martin