[Tagging] Values in namespaces/prefixes/suffixes Considered Harmful - Or: Stop over-namespacing and prefix-fooling

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 22:34:16 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 31. Mar 2019, at 22:41, Stefan Keller <sfkeller at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> No, because amenity=school and amenity=place_of_worship are aka
> "top-level" keys (= main entities, main concepts) with one to several
> sub-keys.

this is also my interpretation, but this distinction is not always clear, and it may shift with the time (first used as qualifying tag for something (subtag), then it becomes a main key).

And “school;place_of_worship” could be a class on its own, who knows, it isn’t documented, but neither are multiple values for top level tags.

Ciao, Martin