[Tagging] airport check in counters

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 22:40:08 UTC 2019

On 31/03/19 20:19, Anton Klim wrote:

> The check in counters are generally quite numerous, so you’d need a detailed indoor map which I’m yet to see for an airport in osm.

A reason why they are not detailed is there are no tags for them, and then they do not render.
I came across them in the Sydney International Airport (A to K) and in the Hobart Airport .. as named nodes without any other tags.

> The wiki aeroways page mentions the undocumented amenity=check_in and security control.

Thanks. amenity=check_in (in various forms) looks to be > 100 uses according to tag info.

I'll work up a proposal, with options for automated or non_automated check ins.

> For arrival lounges, I think there were a number of “waiting area” proposals.
> Indoor=area is documented in the SIT wiki, validators (and editors/renderers) are generally useless at indoor things.

Yep. amenity=waiting_room is used 22 times, but I'd rather have waiting area, sometimes it is not a single room.