[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Top_up (fifth revision)

石野貴之 yumean1119 at gmail.com
Sat May 11 15:10:09 UTC 2019

Hello.

2019年5月11日(土) 5:30 bkil <bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com>:

> I've read in the previous rejection comments that many opposed to
> putting brand details in keys. What do you think about this version:
> prepaid_top_up:mobile=yes/<brands>. The reason is that around here,
> you could top up your mobile phone either at the given carrier, kiosks
> over generic online charging or at given supermarket chains
> (supporting fixed subsets of carriers). We could easily map such
> detail when importing the given supermarket chain's data. We have
> already raised this question during previous imports before this
> proposal was started.

I'm in favor for your idea of putting brand details. The reason is mainly
because:

*【There should be consistency between prepaid_top_up tag and payment tag.】*

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:payment

For example, there are many kinds of public_transport cards in the world
and payment:* tag supports them. (icsf cards like Suica in Japan, Oyster
card in the UK, T-money card in Korea and so on.) A tag like
prepaid_top_up:public_transport=yes is insufficient, We cannot use Oyster
card in Japan!  Where you can use Suica, there should be top_up machines
for it.

Other types of rechargeable cards or mobile phone applications may be more
limited in use. I proposed using prepaid_top_up:gaming=yes in the
discussion page, but more specific tags like prepaid_top_up:gaming=paseli
sound better for me. Paseli is operated by Konami, so it cannot be used in
games by other companies(Sega, Taito,...).

Thank you.

Takayuki Ishino
yumean1119 at gmail.com