[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Top_up (fifth revision)

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sat May 11 16:44:57 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-05-12 at 00:10 +0900, 石野貴之 wrote:
> Hello.
>

> 2019年5月11日(土) 5:30 bkil <bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com>:
> > I've read in the previous rejection comments that many opposed to
> >
> > putting brand details in keys. What do you think about this
> > version:
> >
> > prepaid_top_up:mobile=yes/<brands>. The reason is that around here,
> >
> > you could top up your mobile phone either at the given carrier,
> > kiosks
> >
> > over generic online charging or at given supermarket chains
> >
> > (supporting fixed subsets of carriers). We could easily map such
> >
> > detail when importing the given supermarket chain's data. We have
> >
> > already raised this question during previous imports before this
> >
> > proposal was started.
> >

> I'm in favor for your idea of putting brand details. The reason is
> mainly because:
>
> 【There should be consistency between prepaid_top_up tag and payment
> tag.】
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:payment
>
> For example, there are many kinds of public_transport cards in the
> world and payment:* tag supports them. (icsf cards like Suica in
> Japan, Oyster card in the UK, T-money card in Korea and so on.) A tag
> like prepaid_top_up:public_transport=yes is insufficient, We cannot
> use Oyster card in Japan!  Where you can use Suica, there should be
> top_up machines for it.
You can't use an Oyster card in most of the UK either, and I assume you
cannot top one up outside London either.

I would assume that the key public_transport_cards will indicate that I
can top-up the local operators cards, here in The Shire I would expect
it to mean I can top up an Arriva bus card, I would expect a very
glazed look if I tried to top-up (my now obsolete) Oyster card in the
local shop.

Phil (trigpoint)