[Tagging] tagging large farm complexes

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Mon May 20 00:05:31 UTC 2019

I am currently mapping the Japanese imperial stock farm.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/527800117 <https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/527800117>

it is a large farm complex, operated by the imperial household of Japan (the emperor’s family), with different farmyards for various farm animals, with a lot of pasture, farmland, and amenties for visitors (a guest house, staff housing, an office, a park, parking lots, etc).

to me the individual areas are obviously farmyards, and the other areas are easily mappable - but what about the entire landuse? is it  commercial? farmyard?

I currently tagged as commercial, but I have the suspicion that is wrong - or every farm in Japan would be landuse=commercial, but this is like a weird tourist-farm-zoo kind of place.

any suggestions for the proper encompassing tagging?

javbw