[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - camp_site=camp_pitch

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed May 22 08:13:43 UTC 2019

Am Mi., 22. Mai 2019 um 06:12 Uhr schrieb Tod Fitch <tod at fitchdesign.com>:

> it's an argument that makes sense.
> perhaps in this case, should we start by proposing to depreciate
> camp_site=pitch and camp_site=camp_pitch since these are the 2 most
> problematic in the logic of tag linking

+1

> With respect to tourism=camp_pitch, it seems to have limited use (227
> instances). I see no wiki on it at all, not even a proposal. So I don’t
> know if the taggers intended it to be for a place within a campsite or not.
> It has the unfortunate characteristic that it conflicts with
> tourism=camp_site so you can’t tag a site with only one place for
> tent/caravan with both camp_site (so it can be found at a top level by
> someone looking for camp sites) and camp_pitch (so you can potentially list
> the detailed characteristics (table, fire ring, etc.).

this could be seen as an advantage: it would by default not show those
places with just one pitch and likely no services, to people doing a simple
query for camp sites on a generic service, while those people which are
potential users of those basic backcountry pitches will likely use a
specific map optimized for hiking.

Cheers,
Martin