[Tagging] A simple survey and proposal about tagging cram schools

石野貴之 yumean1119 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 02:57:39 UTC 2019

2019年5月23日(木) 4:22 Jmapb <jmapb at gmx.com>:

> Hi! Just in case you missed it, we had brief and inconclusive
> discussions of these earlier this year:
>
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-January/042561.html
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-February/042983.html
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-March/043617.html

 Thank you for the information.
My main idea is almost identical with what is presented in the last thread.
I have two reasons to express this idea in my diary.
1. OSM Japan community is not so aware of the current situation and issues
of tagging educational institutions outside of school.
I wrote a Japanese diary first to pose a problem to our community and asked
the readers to give comments.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/yumean1119/diary/364501
I thought it would be great to have opinions from all over the world.
That's why I posted a diary in English too.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/yumean1119/diary/364867

2. My goal is to organize tagging schemes on various types of educational
institutions, not only on cram school or tutoring school.
I have been worried about the slow progress in discussing a simple tagging
scheme(education=*)
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_Features/Education_Reform_Alternative
and I felt the need to decide our policy on using education=* tags before
we go to the next step.(e.g. deprecating amenity=school;university and so
on)

Takayuki Ishino
yumean1119 at gmail.com