[Tagging] solving iD conflict (was: pointlessly inflamatory title)

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Thu May 23 19:04:44 UTC 2019

23 May 2019, 18:32 by osm at westnordost.de:

> reverse this development.

Yes, it would be great. There is plenty of negative emotion on both sides and it
would be great to reverse this (for example title that I used was frankly stupid
what I realized after sending the message).

> I had to rewrite this last paragraph several times, but, well, I hope this does not come across the wrong way...
> it can certainly not continue like this, so ... why not interview him, honestly and with open outcome, how should the collaboration and communication in OSM happen in the future from his point of view? Would he rather feel relieved or rather feel betrayed if the gatekeeping (~deployment) is done by other people? Does he really feel alienated (because I assumed it) from the community and if yes, why? And most importantly, what would it take to reverse this?

+1, though it would be tricky to find someone both interested in doing this, with time to do that,
and not already involved in a poor way