[Tagging] solving iD conflict

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Thu May 23 20:21:03 UTC 2019

Hello,

Le 23.05.19 à 21:58, Nick Bolten a écrit :
> My experience with this mailing list:

the current situation have several issues, indeed
but I think you should confuse this mailing with somewhere else,
because I don't recognize the majority of abstract examples
you're talking about.

> offended by the condescending and insulting responses they received
> on this mailing list, all because they suggested making a coherent
> way of combining existing tags into a pedestrian schema and doing
> a carefully-vetted import

an example among many others, can you provide the link to the archive
of this problematic discussion?

technology is one thing, it's not everything.
you can read the mailing wuth a forum interface (see nabble),
you can participate without a password, there are moderators, etc
moving people from one tools to another rarely solves human problems.
the app we are talking about recently does not use a mailing list
and yet same problems you describe are present there.

Regards,
Marc