[Tagging] solving iD conflict

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri May 24 15:01:06 UTC 2019

Am Fr., 24. Mai 2019 um 15:46 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Konieczny <
matkoniecz at tutanota.com>:

> 24 May 2019, 14:48 by osm at imagico.de:
>
> OSMF endorses
> this as the default way of editing OSM online via the website giving it
> an unfair advantage over any competing system of presets and
> validation.
>
> Is there some editor capable of working in-browser that can be considered
> as better than iD
> that was refused without a good reason? There is Potlatch 2, but relying
> on Flash
> immediately makes it worse (even assuming that interface and design is
> better than in iD).

For many tasks that I'm occasionally doing with iD it would be faster to do
them with level0, (most of those that concern only tags, including but not
limited to fixing typos). While it would be a nice complement It isn't
actually a replacement though, you need some knowledge because no
autocompletion, validation or presets are available...

Cheers,
Martin