[Tagging] Definition of Sport

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sat May 25 09:01:28 UTC 2019

On Sat, 25 May 2019 at 09:46, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> But it is a physical activity, with the result of good health and has dedicated infrastructure ... and therefore is a a sport under the various definitions of type C.

Yes, but i think sport=* should only be added if a construction is
primarily built for sport (i.e. for physical activity that people do
to keep healthy or for enjoyment). And cycleways are primarily build
to get from one place to another.

> Beaches were not 'built'. Nor were they specifically intended for the sport swimming and may not have dedicated infrastructure.

In my opinion sport=swimming should not be added to beaches. Besides
you don't swim on the beach, but in the water. And adding
sport=swimming to about every coastline and lake is absurd because
implicit. I think it makes more sense to tag lakes or coastlines
accordingly if swimming is not allowed or if the water is polluted.