[Tagging] building=bank

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sun May 26 13:53:14 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-05-26 at 15:21 +0200, Volker Schmidt wrote:
> I agree with you, that there are these "churches of capitalism" that
> undeniably look like banks. But the problem is that this is small
> fraction only of all banks.
> The risk is that many typical office buildings will become bank
> buildings because there is a bank business inside, but not because
> they are "capitalist temple" buildings.
> We do have already a similar confusion with church buildings and
> christian places of worship.

Banks were often built in a corporate style, for example this
http://trigpoint.myzen.co.uk/photodump/Old_Bank_in_Llanfyllin.png is an
example of what I remember as a Midland Bank Corporate building.

Obviously we would only use such tags if they are obviously a bank, or
had been a bank before the damaging mass closure of such important
amenities.

The presence of a bank doesn't make it a building=bank.

One of the great things about mapping is that it encourages going out
and looking at things, learning and piecing things together.

Phil (trigpoint)