[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tag:golf=cartpath - correction

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Mon May 27 23:31:07 UTC 2019

Le 28.05.19 à 00:48, Joseph Eisenberg a écrit :
>  > is there highway=* with golf_cart=designated but outside
> a leisure=golf_course ?
>
> Yes. As mentioned above, some towns in the southeast and southwest USA
> have networks of paved paths that are intended for golf carts.

maybe i misspoke myself

Are these ways perfectly described with
highway=* + golf_cart=designated ?

in other word, what is the difference between
highway=* + golf_cart=designated
and
highway=* + golf_cart=designated + golf=cartpath ?
only the fact that this highway is inside a leisure=golf_course ?

if the difference is not clear (and imho it's not clear), I fear that
we will end up with a remake of the forests (2 tags that may have subtle
but unclear differences that at the end, only a minimalist and identical
meaning to the 2 tags can be used.)
I'd rather someone proposed is_in=golf_course
so everyone could say that it's totally useless but at least those who
would use it anyway wouldn't come to put ambiguity with tags too clean
or poorly defined