[Tagging] Telephone poles and lines?

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Tue May 28 22:40:54 UTC 2019

Le mar. 28 mai 2019 à 09:32, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
a écrit :

> > I would be in favour of man_made=utility_pole or any other domain
> agnostic tag
> But as the refinement of power=pole/tower was denied a few years ago, I
> guess telecom=pole will be used consistently
>

> Would you recommend that we use man_made=utility_pole for poles that carry
> telecom cables or other services?

I would be in favour of man_made=utility_pole, only if it can catch ALL
utilities: power, telecom, cable tv...
But since it was rejected to refine power=pole as man_made=utility_pole (or
equivalent), then telecom=pole should be used to be consistent with what
currently exists.

> When should we use telecom=pole?

To me (and I may be wrong), the simplest rule would be to look what is the
highest on the pole
If it's telecom cables, then use telecom=pole
It's not perfect, but I don't see any better rule, not to mention
man_made=utilitiy_pole

François